You never know the worth of water until the well is dry.
Honour Your Body Morning Meditation
This ones a biggie, guys. Learning to honour our bodies can be one of the most challenge tasks that we face as human beings.
I know that it has been for me and it has taken years to get to a place where I feel love for myself and my body to the point where this love influences the choices that I make on a daily basis - everything from: drinking enough water to surrounding myself with people who love me unconditionally, to choosing what I want to put into my body and how much.
Through meditation, I have learned to be come aware of my subtle energy and now understand which life situations and people deplete this vital energy, so that I can make the choices that are going to help me to grow, heal and transform.
For those of you who have trouble honouring your body (this includes most of us), who are hard on yourselves or who are suffering with addiction, negative patterns or self-loathing this meditation, when practiced daily will ground, center and draw awareness to the places where you are knowingly or unknowingly harming yourself.
This is one of my favourite meditations to do starting on a new week, for 7 days.
- Find a peaceful, space either outdoors or one well lit with natural light.
- Sit in an upright position with your spine long, place your right hand upon your heart and your left hand on your belly and begin to breathe deeply into your belly.
- When you have connected to your deep, belly breathing focus on the root chakra energy center or the perineum (space between vagina and anus to put it bluntly) and feel the energetic impact of that chakra.
- Your root chakra energetically vibrates with the colour red so as you breathe, picture how vibrant the colour of your root chakra is. Is it a pale red or bright and fiery? As you breath, picture the colour getting brighter and more vibrant.
- Once you have brightened the colour of your root chakra, feel the healing and empowering energy of it move through your entire body. Be open to your intuition, creative ideas, images, feelings, emotions and revelations.
- Feel your heart and body fill with healing and loving energy and feel a deep sense of compassion move through you.
- Feel yourself completely surrendering mind, body, heart and spirit to your deep and powerful energy making a promise to yourself to protect it and nurture it and bring this energy into each interaction, creation and exchange of your day.
Dove hired a forensic artist to draw how women see themselves versus how others see them - the results are moving.
I had a strange, very strong reaction to this, because if it were left up to me, who knows how I would describe myself. Real tears. This was a powerful reminder coming from, for me, an unexpected source.
All of the feels.
Ten Things To Do When You Feel Like Crap:
1. Have a really hot, long shower. Cry if you need to. Sit on the ground. Feel sorry for yourself. Let the steam soak into your skin. Let the hot water wash your face clean. But the moment you turn off that water, you are done feeling sorry for yourself. Make a decision to move on from that sadness.
2. Clean. I know, cleaning is boring and annoying - but how about that feeling you get when you are finished? The smell of the vacuum. That feeling of accomplishment? Who knows, you might even find money along the way. Totally worth it. It’s like starting with a clean slate.
3. Call a friend you haven’t spoken to for a while. If your first choice doesn’t pick up, choose someone else. Ask them all about how their lives are going and tell them about yours. Not only will it take your mind off whatever crappy thing you have been plagued by, but you will laugh with them! Laughing triggers endorphins and endorphins make you happy!
4. Go for a run or a walk. This get’s your endorphins and dopamine going crazy. You will get more energy and more happiness just because the chemicals in your body are running around!
5. Stop and take it all in. Walking in the night? Stop and look at the stars. Breathe in the cold air. Feel alive.
6. Stop whining. Ever heard the saying “love life and life will love you back”? Or, the idea of the power of attraction? It’s true! If you sit around saying “why me, waaaaa waaaa” then bad things will happen to you. You’re already defeated. If you start saying, “I will be happy, I will accomplish my ambitions, I will find love, I do look amazing, I am a great friend” etc., then not only will you start to believe them but you will be amazed at what amazing things start to happen.
7. Drink tea. This always works. Not a tea fan? Try hot water with a slice of lemon and some agave syrup.
8. Make a conscious decision to stop holding certain grudges. We all have people we have held grudges on in the past. Let them go. If you feel like you owe this person an apology, don’t be too proud. Send them a sincere facebook apology. Sincerity is in the intent, so even if it’s a 2 sentence apology - as long as you mean it it’s worth it.
9. Cook some really nice, warm food. Stimulate your taste buds with anything as simple as two minute noodles or as lavish as a three course garlic bread, pasta bake, chocolate mousse triple combo.
10. Write down a list of goals to achieve for the week. As simple as “buy insect repellent” or as large as “jog for 25 minutes non stop” and tick them off when they’re done. You will feel very accomplished and that alone will help pep up your mood!
Number 1, 2, and 4 are personally my favorite ways to stop feeling like shit.